Monday, June 21, 2021

Birthday

Yep, here's another gatefold card featuring some lovely floral edging . . .

 


I am doing this write-up in early Spring and am still pretty much staying home due to Corona.  As New Jersey now has the highest number of deaths from this viral outrage, I plan to continue to reduce my exposure.  In order to avoid crowds and the wearing of that suffocating mask, I attend streamed church services in my home office every week.  On the Sunday I posted this card, which was waiting on my desk until church was over, my prayer candle leaked about a nickel-sized patch of wax on one corner of it.

I did not curse - it was Sunday, after all - and I decided this might be a learning experience on how to recover from a candle wax invasion.  First, I put the card in the freezer for a few minutes.  That froze the wax blob and it was easy to pop it off in one piece.  But there was a waxy residue left behind and it had darkened the cardstock.

As I had nothing to lose at this point, I took my X-Acto knife and gently scraped away with short, small movements.  Not only did the residue go away, so did the darkening of the cardstock.  Now that really surprised me!  Although you'd have to know where to look, and would also need to have a magnifying glass in hand, the surface was ever so minimally roughened up.  I decided a few small flower die cuts would ensure that no one would ever know of the waxy mayhem that had taken place.

While it's nice to know that I can obliterate the aftermath of a sloppy candle, in future my cards will be placed on the other side of my desk.

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Carrot Cake, Georgia Pacific White        

Stamps:       Judikins Flower Dots

Inks:             Ranger Gold

Emb Pwdr:  Stampendous Shabby White, Ranger Gold

Dies:            KS Kraft Envelope Lace, Spellbinders Wonderful Wings,

                     DieNamics Prima Donna Petals, Papertrey Ink Swoosh

                     Set: “Birthday”                  

Doo Dads:    Stampendous stickers Geo Shapes Gold           

No comments:

Post a Comment