Monday, May 11, 2020

Tall Vase

Having decided to break out of the A2-sized card rut I've been in for most of my twenty years of stamping, I took the plunge and invested in two styles of the new Slimline dies: Scalloped, and Embossed Edge.  WOW!  What a freeing thing it is to go large . . .


The vase is actually the body of a primitive spirit god image that my friend Carol gifted me with.  I decided I'd get more use out of him if I lopped off his head and turned him into an art deco vase.  So with her permission, I performed the bloodless surgery and this is my first attempt at playing with the result.

This is one of those cards that didn't turn out at all as I'd planned.  And because there is so much black, it's probably best viewed in real life.  Nonetheless, I can see myself having a lot of fun with these new Slimline proportions!

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Nicole Black 
Stamps:       Unknown “Tall Vase”
Inks:             ColorBox Gold
Emb Pwdr:   Ranger Gold
Dies:            Kat Scrappiness Nesting Slimline: Embossed Edge,
                     Stitched Scallop, Impression Obsession Branch with
                     Leaves, Hero Paper Layering Plant & Stand           
Doo Dads:    Mark Richards Metals Gold            

No comments:

Post a Comment