Monday, July 20, 2026

Hello Fall

This one uses a technique I had fun with decades ago.  Thanks to Gina K’s video on Wax Paper Techniques, I’m hooked on it all over again . . .


I took a 4” x 5” piece of wax paper and crumpled it into a small ball.  Then I smoothed it out over a piece of cardstock, covered it with another piece of cardstock, and ironed it with the hottest setting and no steam.  When cool, I used blending brushes to smooth on color.  The wax residue resisted the ink while a wonderfully textured pattern was left behind.  After toweling off any ink left on the wax, job done.

You’ll be seeing more of this easy technique for sure!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Rain Forest, Hershey, Neenah #80 Bright White, 

Fox River Cream    

Stamps:       Memory Box Maple Leaf

Inks:             Archival Coffee, Distress Antique Linen, Oxide Walnut

Stain, Brushed Corduroy

Emb Pwdr:   Vippies Transcendence

Dies:            DieNamics Pierced Square, Memory Box Maple Leaf, 

TEMU Autumn-themed Set: “Hello Fall”,

Spellbinders Fall Botanical           

Doo Dads:    Crushed Wax Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment