Thursday, December 31, 2020

Fern

 This card has turned out to be a confidence-builder!  Because of it, I'm convinced that I can probably dig my way out of any creative mess in which I found myself.  It started out with a skanky mess of a background from my Scrap Stash  and ended up being a layout I really like . . .


As the original coloring was ghastly, I began brayering over the whole thing with two colors of ink.  The embossed resist fern design stood firm, but at least the background began to improve.  Some random clear embossing freshened things up a bit and the Kraft overlay did its part by covering up most of what was wrong.  Diversionary tactics like this are always good to have at hand, I find . . .

 

Cardstock:   Bazzill Rain Forest, Marco’s Jute, Scrap Green,

                     pre-stamped fern piece from my Scrap Stash 

Stamps:       Unknown Fern Spray

Inks:             Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn, Pumice

Emb Pwdr:  Vippies Transcendence

Dies:            DieNamics Collage Cover-up, Cheery Lynn Pair of

                     Ferns set, Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Tiny Upper            

Emb Fldr:    Taylored Expressions Weathered

Doo Dads:    May Arts Jute           

 

No comments:

Post a Comment