Monday, July 20, 2020

What Happened?


The sentiment on this one cracked me up and I had to get it immediately . . .


This birthday card goes to my brother Don who's undoubtedly as baffled as I am about having reached our Golden Years so quickly.  Along with my youngest brother Gordy, we were born and raised in sunny Southern California where youth is worshipped and growing up is pretty much considered an option.  It's a real shock to look in the mirror and realize that we didn't beat the rap . . . we're seniors now!

To tie in the passage of time, I used clock face images and embellished them with real clock and watch gears.   I have collected these over the years by cannibalizing cheap timepieces that have outlived their usefulness and aren't worth fixing.   I attach them with flat glue dots and then sprinkle glitter over them to cover the exposed stickiness.

Happy Birthday, dear Bro!

Cardstock:   Marcos Jute, Strathmore  Ultimate White            
Stamps:       Treasure Cay “Time”, PSX Pocket Watch, Impression
                     Obsession Are We Adults?
Inks:             Distress Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Hero Black
Waterclrs:    FineTec Arabic Gold
Dies:            Spellbinders Ribbon Tags Trio                
Emb Fldr:     Taylored Expressions Weathered
Doo Dads:    Perfect Pearls Mist Gold, Brass clock parts, ¼" black/gold
                     fiber, Stampin’ Around Glitter Gold Dust           

No comments:

Post a Comment