Thursday, July 26, 2018

The Star


This card was inspired by another blogger's posting a few days ago.  The layout featured a recessed die cut and I thought it was very attractive . . .


I doubled the top layer in order to give the smaller cut out areas better support after popping up the layer with foam tape.  The bottom layer holds the die cut butterflies.  In order to avoid having to deal with tricky coloring of seven small butterflies, I simply scattered die powders in a loose ombre fashion on another panel and then used the die to cut them out.  I got an imprecise look which was exactly what I was after. 

The more I stamp, the more I appreciate the many adventurous aspects of this wonderful hobby!

Cardstock:   Bazzill Kachina, Strathmore Ultimate White      
Stamps:       Impression Obsession Ink Splatter, Technique Junkies
                        Simple Sentiments Style C/Set 3
Inks:             Hero Black, ColorBox Black, Frost White
Colorants:    Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals Shabby Turbine Teal,
                        Tibetan Poppy Teal, Witch’s Potion Purple
Emb Powder:   Stamp Zia Black Sparkle
Dies:            Simon Says Butterfly Drift, Spellbinders Hemstitch                                 Rectangles (outside frame only)                     
Doo Dads:    Ranger Enamel Accents Black    

No comments:

Post a Comment